在畢業 30 年以后,蘋果 CEO 蒂姆·庫克回到了母校杜克大學,為 2018 年畢業生獻上了畢業致辭。
他并沒有“炫耀”事業成就,而是提到了許多現實的社會問題,比如氣候變化、種族、反對性騷擾等。當然,他還是提到了蘋果公司,不過也是基于責任和使命。
他對現場的年輕人呼吁,“你們是最不該接受現狀的人,也是最應該改變現狀的人,請無所畏懼,做最不愿接受現狀的人,以及最積極改善現狀的人。”
請和我一起歡迎蒂姆·庫克Please join me in welcoming Tim Cook,
我們2018年的畢業典禮演講人
our 2018 Commencement speaker
大家好,“藍魔”們
Hello, Blue Devils.
很高興能回到杜克大學
It is great to be back at Duke.
我很榮幸能站在你們面前
It is an honor to stand before you
作為你們的畢業典禮演講人和從這里走出來的畢業生
as your commencement speaker and a graduate.
我在1988年獲得了富科商學院的學位
I earned my degree from the Fuqua School in 1988.
在準備這次演講的過程中
In preparing for this speech,
我聯系了當時我最喜歡的一位教授
I reached out to one of my favorite professors from back then.
Bob Reinheimer,教授優秀的管理溝通課程
Bob Reinheimer taught this great course in management communications,
其中包括了塑造演講技巧
which including shaprening your public speaking skills.
我們已經幾十年沒聯系過了
We hadn’t spoke for decades.
所以我很震驚的是,他告訴我
So I was thrilled when he told me
他記得一位特別有天賦的公眾演講者
he remembered a particularly gifted public speaker
在20世紀80年代參加了他的課程
who took his class in the 1980's
有著清醒的頭腦和迷人的個性
with a bright mind and a charming personality.
他說他當時就知道
He said he knew way back then
這個人注定是不凡的
this person was destined for greatness.
你們可以想象到我當時的感受
You can imagine how this made me feel.
Reinheimer教授對人才有敏銳的眼光
Professor Reinheimer had an eye for talent,
如果我自己說
and if I do say so myself,
我認為他的直覺是對的
I think his instincts were right.
梅琳達·蓋茨已經在這個世界上留下了自己的印記
Melinda Gates has really made her mark in the world!
我很感激Bob和Boulding院長以及所有的杜克大學教授
I’m grateful to Bob and Dean Boulding and all of my Duke professors.
在我的職業生涯中,他們的教導一直陪伴著我
Their teachings have stayed with me throughout my career.
我要感謝Price校長和杜克大學的教師們
I want to thank President Price and the Duke faculty,
還有我的董事會成員們
and my fellow members of the Board of Trustees
讓我能夠很榮幸地在這為你們演講
for the honor of speaking with you today.
我還要向榮譽學位獲得者表示祝賀
I would like to add my congratulations to the honorary degree recipients.
但最重要的是,祝賀2018屆的畢業生們!
But most of all, congratulations to the Class of 2018!
每個畢業生都不是僅憑自己走到這個時刻的
No graduate gets to this moment alone.
我想要感謝在這里為你們加油的父母、祖父母和朋友
I want to acknowledge your parents and grandparents and friends that are here cheering you on,
他們在你們前進的每一步都始終如一
just as they have every step of the way.
讓我們向他們表示感謝
Let's give them our thanks.
今天我尤其記得我的母親
Today, especially I remember my mother,
她看著我從杜克大學畢業
who watched me graduate from Duke.
如果沒有她的支持,我就不會有那一天,也不會站在這里
I wouldn't have been there that day or made it here today without her support.
在今天母親節之際,讓我們特別感謝現場所有的母親
Let's give our special thanks to all of the mother's here today on Mother's Day.
我在這里有很多美好的回憶,無論在學習上還是其他方面
I have wonderful memories here, studying – and not studying –
許多那時認識的人至今依然是朋友
with people I still count as friends to this day.
我們在Cameron籃球館慶祝每一場勝利
Cheering in Cameron for every victory;
當取得北卡羅來納州勝利時,歡呼聲更大
cheering even louder when that victory is over Carolina.
深情地回顧大學時光,和人生的第一幕說再見
Look back over your shoulder fondly and say good-bye to Act I of your life.
然后迅速展望未來
Then quickly look forward.
人生的第二幕從今天開始
Act II begins today.
輪到你們接過接力棒了
It is your turn to reach out and take the baton.
你們在一個充滿挑戰的時代進入了這個世界
You entered the world at a time of great challenge.
我們的國家面臨高度的分裂
Our country is deeply divided,
太多的美國人拒絕聽取任何與他們不同的意見
and too many Americans refuse to hear any opinion that differs from their own.
我們的地球正在變暖,正帶來毀滅性的后果
Our planet is warming with devastating consequences.
但有些人甚至否認此事正在發生
And there's some that even deny it is happening.
我們的學校和社區遭受著嚴重的不平等
Our schools and communities suffer from deep inequality.
我們未能確保每個學生享受良好教育的權利
We fail to guarantee every student the right to a good education.

? 2025. All Rights Reserved. 滬ICP備2023009024號-1